A two day hands-on workshop in Cloughmills Incredible Edible community garden, Co. Antrim.
With guest tutor Kathleen O'Hara Farren on 'Social Permaculture'.
Focussed on maintenance and development of the Permaculture gardens, working with/as community, using 'Social Permaculture' and exploring some of the basic concepts of a Permaculture approach.
This workshop will suit any keen or beginner gardener, anyone involved or interested in community gardens, anyone with an interest in fresh local food, those working in community and collaborative projects, and anyone who would like an introduction to permaculture through gardening.
We will cover these topics and more through mainly action-led learning as well as some classroom based sessions.
- What is Permaculture?
- How can we use Permaculture in the garden and socially, in our community projects?
- Useful perennial plants & forest garden systems
- 'No-dig' annual vegetable growing.
- Planting, Sowing from seed, Divisions, Cuttings.
- Preparing and eating the food we grow!
- Design, Planting and maintenance of a Permaculture garden.
- And more...