A hands on, Action-led, 'Perma-blitz' style workshop in the home-scale food garden.
Focussing on set-up and maintenance of productive perennial plant systems.
Helping to implement phase-three of the establishment of the perennial aspect in the home food garden (including forest garden).
The Overall Aim Is for participants to gain an understanding & hands-on experience of the mindset behind an intentionally designed perennial permaculture food garden. Thus enabling you to create and maintain your own garden.
My sub agenda is to use the concentrated human-power onsite to bring the garden to the next level of the design.
No prior permaculture or gardening knowledge is required for this course.
- How to lay out your garden -with landscape patterns, energy flows and plants.
- Soil management -compost, mulching, terraces, swales, appropriate planting, adding fertility, planting patterns, etc
- Small scale structures – options of earthworks that can address certain issues, swales, drains, mounds, ponds, nutrient traps,
- What perennial plants we can actually use and how!
- The diversity of perennial plants available that we can grow for oursleves and others.
- Propogation techniques – Seeds, Cuttings, Divisions, Grafting,
- Resources & direction to help you create and maintain your own permaculture garden!
- And more.....
What is this 'Action-led learning' craic?
Being outside, getting guided hands-on experience in the field, instruction, the opportunity to do the task at hand, asking questions 'on the job', absorbing the knowledge & skills in a very practical way, being empowered by physically doing... Listening, Doing, Questionning & Reflecting.
So, Please note, this is a very out-door, practical course, hence the name! Bring boots, wellies, and warm, waterproof clothing (just in case!). Expect at least 75% hands-on learning in the garden.
**To enable effective us to facilitation of this type of learning there is a Maximum of 10 participants so please do let me know as soon as possible if you are intending to join**.
A small deposit will be required to secure a place, please see below for more info on payment options.
100e per person, including 50 euro deposit which is required to secure a place.
Cost includes an abundance of hot drinks and snacks and a hot lunch on both days, using fresh ingredients from the garden. Also included are course notes, and camping/parking space for anyone who wishes to stay over. (There are also other accommodation options; B&B'S, Hotel etc in the area)
Full payment or deposit can be made by bank transfer or paypal -please contact me for details
or by cash in person -receipt issued.
Flexibility & inclusivity practice:
Concession and/or exchange available on request/negotiation.
- Bring the food ingredients (local organic fair trade where available)
- Prepare the food, includes laying out things, get stuff ready, set table, clean up, washing up dishes.
- Bring plants, seeds, compost, or other recources needed
*People taking this option will still need to pay the deposit to secure their place on the course. This may be refundable depending what the exchange basis is. -To be agreed in advance.
In the event of cancellation of the course on my behalf you will be fully refunded. (This will only occur in the event of circumstances outside of my control such as very extreme weather in which case we would attempt to reschedule, or an emergency. There is no minimum number of participants and we will go ahead with the weekend regardless of numbers)
Please note, the 20euro deposit on your behalf is non-refundable (except in circumstances of prior agreement or in very exceptional circumstances)
We are located 5 minutes drive from Strokestown, Directions to the farm will be sent out on receipt of booking fee.
& finally for now - Thankyou! I'm really looking forward to a fun & productive weekend!