A hands on, Action-led, 'Perma-blitz' style workshop in the home-scale food garden.
Focussing on set-up and maintenance of productive perennial plant systems.
Helping to implement phase-three of the establishment of the perennial aspect in the home food garden (including forest garden).
The Overall Aim Is for participants to gain an understanding & hands-on experience of the mindset behind an intentionally designed perennial permaculture food garden. Thus enabling you to create and maintain your own garden.
My sub agenda is to use the concentrated human-power onsite to bring the garden to the next level of the design.
No prior permaculture or gardening knowledge is required for this course.
- How to lay out your garden -with landscape patterns, energy flows and plants.
- Soil management -compost, mulching, terraces, swales, appropriate planting, adding fertility, planting patterns, etc
- Small scale structures – options of earthworks that can address certain issues, swales, drains, mounds, ponds, nutrient traps,
- What perennial plants we can actually use and how!
- The diversity of perennial plants available that we can grow for oursleves and others.
- Propogation techniques – Seeds, Cuttings, Divisions, Grafting,
- Resources & direction to help you create and maintain your own permaculture garden!
- And more.....
What is this 'Action-led learning' craic?
Being outside, getting guided hands-on experience in the field, instruction, the opportunity to do the task at hand, asking questions 'on the job', absorbing the knowledge & skills in a very practical way, being empowered by physically doing... Listening, Doing, Questionning & Reflecting.
So, Please note, this is a very out-door, practical course, hence the name! Bring boots, wellies, and warm, waterproof clothing (just in case!). Expect at least 75% hands-on learning in the garden.
**To enable effective us to facilitation of this type of learning there is a Maximum of 10 participants so please do let me know as soon as possible if you are intending to join**.
A small deposit will be required to secure a place, please see below for more info on payment options.